Why Replace Your Loft Insulation?
Heat rises, and in an uninsulated home, up to 25% of heat is lost through the roof. Insulating your loft, attic or flat roof is a simple and effective way to reduce heat loss and reduce your heating bills.
Loft insulation is effective for at least 40 years and it should pay for itself many times over.
- The material may have become damaged with wear and tear, or simply degraded with time if it was laid some years ago.
- Badly fitting or loose insulation material will allow heat to escape.
- Water damage due to roof leaks or burst tanks/pipes.
- Electrical or plumbing work carried out in the loft space may have resulted in damage or improper replacement of material.
- If your loft has been subjected to woodworm treatment and the old insulation was not removed first, it may have suffered during the treatment.
- Often new insulation is simply laid on top of the old existing material. While the new covering may look good to start with, it can also be hiding damaged or missing material underneath
- Again this can result in inefficient insulation.
- Up to 25% of a household’s heat loss can be through a poorly insulated roof!
Our Loft Insulation Replacement Services Include
- Loft clearance
- Walkways and storage fitting
- Woodworm treatment
- Water tank and pipe insulation
- Old/damaged insulation removal
- New insulation fitted – 270 or 300mm mineral fibre
- Our loft insulation replacement services are available ANYWHERE in the North East of England